1. Steam clams and mussels in a little white wine. (This may be done ahead of time.)
2. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, herbs, and chili pepper.
3. When garlic is browned, add tomatoes, lemon, and seasoning.
4. Bring to a boil; remove tomato mixture from heat.
5. Per order, heat 6 mussels and 8 clams in a sauté pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
6. Splash in 2-3 tablespoons of white wine, reduce.
7. Add 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley and 6 ounces of the tomato mixture.
8. When hot, arrange in medium oval plate. Top with tomato sauce. Garnish with 2 thin slices of bread, toasted and rubbed with garlic.
Send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.